Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Gratitude

I am repeating myself, but I am grateful for a lot of things. To be grateful for the good things that happen in our lives is easy, but to be grateful for all of our lives - the good as well as the bad, the moments of joy as well as the moments of sorrow, the successes as well as the failures, the rewards as well as the rejections - that requires a lot more work. Still, we are only truly grateful people when we can say thank you to all that has brought us to the present moment. Let's not be afraid to look at eerything that has brought us to where we are now and trust that we will soon see in it the guiding hand of a loving God. A few weeks ago my eldest daughter was hit by a truck while riding her bike to work. What could have been a fatal accident has shown me the strength and resilience of my daughter, the total dedication and commitment of her husband, the culling of our family to meet whatever the need may be at no thought of the cost to themselves - all to ensure that Ashleigh heals and is renewed in body, mind and spirit - but especially body. Though she sustained some major injuries she will mend and be a better woman because of a potentially tragic incident. I can now say I am grateful, by God's grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment